This in situ work started out as a painting. It was the only window in an underground space, yet this window only opened to a smaller and completely unlit underground space. Using oil paints I had started out covering up the entire window and frame with a continuation of the brick wall, visually bricking up the dysfunctional object. But in the dimly lit room this didn't have the effect I desired, so I covered it up with white acrylic paint.
To bring back the light, I projected a photograph I had taken of the window before I had started working on it.
The projector was placed in the exact same location the photo was taken, so the flashlight of the initial photo coincided with the projected light of the beamer.